Monday 26 February 2007

First Class Train Tickets

The petition is entitled Scrap divisive First Class travel on Trains and the explanatory notes say
"I request that First Class Travel on Trains be scrapped. I commute into London (for which I pay £150 a month) and find it extremely annoying to have to stand in standard accomodation whilst there are many empty seats in the first class accomodation.

I believe that this separation of the accomodation on Britain's railways is extremely divisive and emphasises all that's bad about Britain's 'class' system.

I believe that all travellers should be travelling 'First Class' and that comfortable travel shouldn't be a privelege to be enjoyed by the few.

Indeed, I look forward to a day when all travellers can travel as one, shoulder to shoulder, in comfort and safety, as they speed to their destination.

Let's throw off the shackles and finally do away with 'First Class' travel.

Liberation now !"

Given the privatisation of the rail network, it's hard to imagine the government trying to take control of this, isn't it? And then - if they implemented "first class" style seating throughout the carriages, there'd be fewer seats, which would be annoying. And I hate it when carriages are so crowded one has to travel "shoulder to shoulder" with one's fellow travellers.

In other words - I love the Loony Left when they give me a grin like this.

No comments: